Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Advertisement

Responsive Advertisement

You shall be worthy of the Divine If this is what our Beloved intend (Poetry) - Shams Tabrizi




 My desert is without end,

My soul, my heart must rend.

The world here out-pictured,

In which picture I descend?

If on the path you see a head

Rolling itself around the bend

Ask our secret from that head

On its answers you can depend.

What turned you to a flying bird

Solomon’s confidant and friend?

How did you turn to a seeing eye

To the trees in our garden attend?

How did you become the tidal wave

And pearls and jewels to the shores send?

Not the seven skies below the heavens,

Our abode, even heavens transcend

Instead of the heavens and the world

In the pastures of Divine Union we blend.

How can I utter a sigh, for with each breath

More perturbed, more agitated, my trend.

How did this ear appear

Which heard our feathered friend

How birds of prey and game play

And in the fresh mountain air ascend.

The height of the seventh sky

Saturn will gladly defend.

What can I say, what do I know

Limits of this story I won’t pretend.

Let go of this story and ask not

My broken hands, I cannot mend

You shall be worthy of the Divine

If this is what our Beloved intend. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments